Sunday, November 2, 2008

Japan--Slacker Nation?

My sister recently forwarded me the article "Slacker Nation? Young Japanese Shun Promotions" from the Wall Street Journal (http://online.wsj.com/article_email/SB122548483530388957-lMyQjAxMDI4MjA1MTQwODE0Wj.html). The title says it all.

Now I always thought that the Japanese were the hardest working people on the planet! Boy was I shocked to read that only 3% of Japanese workers say they put their full effort into their jobs. So are the other 97% hodo hodo zoku or "so-so folks"?

I guess the Generation Y Japanese saw that they were the most stressful and miserable bunch amongst their developed country cohorts. I can't believe the contagious lackadasical nature of this generation has infected Japan!

Does this mean the sun is setting on Japan?

No comments: